Faulty UPVC Door
UPVC (unplasticized polyvinyl chloride) doors have become a popular choice for homeowners due to their durability, low maintenance, and energy efficiency. However, like any product, UPVC doors can also develop faults over time. In this blog, we will explore some common faults that can occur with UPVC doors.
- Misaligned Doors: One of the most common faults with UPVC doors is misalignment. This can be caused by the hinges becoming loose or the frame warping over time. Misaligned doors can make it difficult to open or close the door, and can also compromise the security of your home.
- Broken Locks: Another common fault is broken locks. The locks on UPVC doors can wear out or become damaged over time, making it difficult to lock or unlock the door. Broken locks can compromise the security of your home, so it is important to get them repaired or replaced as soon as possible.
- Damaged Seals: The seals on UPVC doors are designed to prevent draughts and water from entering your home. However, these seals can become damaged or wear out over time, leading to draughts and leaks. Damaged seals can also compromise the energy efficiency of your home, leading to higher heating bills.
- Cracked or Broken Glass: UPVC doors often feature large glass panels, which can become cracked or broken. This can be caused by a variety of factors, such as impact damage or extreme temperatures. Cracked or broken glass not only compromises the security of your home, but can also be a safety hazard.
- Sticking Doors: UPVC doors can sometimes stick, making it difficult to open or close the door. This can be caused by a number of factors, such as dirt or debris in the track, or problems with the hinges. Sticking doors can be frustrating and inconvenient, and can also compromise the security of your home.
If you notice any of these faults with your UPVC door, it is important to get them repaired as soon as possible. Ignoring these issues can lead to more serious problems and higher repair costs in the long run. It is recommended to contact a professional to assess the situation and provide a solution. Remember, regular maintenance and upkeep of your UPVC doors can help to prevent these faults from occurring in the first place.
To get your Locks Fitted by an Expert visit us at our website